Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
Please note this is a Wetherspoon pub and not a hotel
This Wetherspoon pub was purpose-built in the mid 19th century to serve Grimsby's first railway. The hotel took its name from the earl of Yarborough, who was a director of the railway company and lived at nearby Brocklesby.
The Yarborough was later owned by another railway company and, eventually, by the LNER. After the Second World War, the British Transport Commission owned it. In 1951, it was bought by a brewery from Hull. In 1960, it was nearly demolished. The hotel, which is a symbol of the town's transition from an 18th-century fishing village into a great Victorian port, is now a listed building.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.