0115 962 9700
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Licensed Outside Area|
The Woodthorpe Top is situated at the junction of Woodthorpe Drive and Woodborough Road, at the top of a long, steep climb out of the city. Woodborough Drive descends past Woodthorpe Grange, a grade II listed house of 1874. In 1921, the estate was bought by the city council and opened as Woodthorpe Park. The Woodthorpe Top was once Woodthorpe Grange Motors, the successor to Hopcroft Motors, for which this single-storey building was erected after the Second World War. Immediately in front of these premises is the Mapperley War Memorial, paid for by public subscription and erected shortly after the First World War. The Gothic-style memorial stands on a triangular island of land given by Lord Carnavon.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.