0191 514 5016
Mon - Sun: 7am to 12am
This Wetherspoon pub is named after William Jameson, who laid out Fawcett Street and the surrounding roads on behalf of the Fawcett family.
Fawcett Street was originally one of Sunderland's finest residential areas, springing up as a result of the opening of the Wear Bridge, in 1796. Building work started in 1814, when the family instructed William Jameson to lay out the estate. By 1844, Fawcett Street was virtually complete, with imposing three- and four-storey houses.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.