0121 711 5180
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
The White Swan was an old coaching inn at the corner of Station Road, which became a private residence known as Silhill House in the 1820s. 'Silhill' was once a popular variation of 'Solihull'. Demolished around 1926, Silhill House stood close to this pub.
The house and its outbuildings stood close to this premises. They were demolished in 1926 and replaced by the present Tudor-style shops. Solihull's transformation, from a sleepy market town to a metropolitan borough, dates from the opening of the railway, in 1852. The redevelopment of the town centre, in the 1960s, claimed several historic buildings, including Touchwood Hall, although its name lives on in the shopping centre.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.