0191 370 6540
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
The building was purpose-built in Victorian times for the Weardale & Shildon Water Company, and was occupied from around 1920 by the Durham County Water Board, for several decades.
The Durham Water Company was established in 1849, and The Weardale & Shildon Water Company in 1866. The two companies amalgamated in 1880. Most recently, the building was a branch of the Cheltenham and Gloucester Building Society, it is now this Wetherspoon pub.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.