0161 627 5001
Mon - Sun: 8am to 12am
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from the Up Steps Inn, which stood on the same site. The original Up Steps was built in the early 19th century, and was demolished in the 1930s.
The only hostelry marked on the 1756 map of Oldham, the Nag's Head, was demolished in 1805, probably a casualty of road-widening. Its licensee then took over a building previously on this site, which later became known as the Up Steps. The pub got its unusual name because its entrance was above street level, up a few stone steps. Bought by the Oldham Brewery in 1891, the Up Steps survived until, at the request of the police, its licence was not renewed. It closed in 1935, and was soon afterwards pulled down. Although demolished, the Up Steps has not been forgotten, as its distinctive name lives on in this Wetherspoon pub.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.