0161 926 4610
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from one of Altrincham's old inns - The Unicorn Hotel.
An original Saxon settlement stood on this site. More recently, it was a stopping point for coaches. Its wayside inns included the long-gone Red Lion, where Bonnie Prince Charlie's troops came in 1745, and The Unicorn Hotel. The Unicorn was originally built by Lord Delamer, in 1849, as Altrincham's first town hall. In the 1990s, it became the Hogshead pub, which is now in Stamford New Road.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.