Mon - Sun: 7am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Licensed Outside Area|
|Racing UK Shown|
* This is the telephone number for our pub ONLY. To make a hotel reservation or for any queries about our hotel facilities please call our booking line: 01845 524 605
Situated in the southeast corner of Market Place, this imposing grade II listed building dates mainly from the 18th century. It is thought to have been built for the Bell family, in 1698, and adapted for use as a coaching inn around 1740. At that time, it was Thirsk's only coaching inn. The London, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds and Darlington coaches all stopped at The Three Tuns. The original mangers, stalls and hay lofts for the horses are still in the yard behind the main building. In 1802, the poet William Wordsworth and his sister, Dorothy, stayed overnight at The Three Tuns. They were on a long walk across the Yorkshire moors to meet William's fiancÃ©e, Mary Hutchinson, whose family lived near Scarborough.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.