020 8308 6880
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 5|
|Broadcasts Live News|
|In Good Beer Guide|
These licensed premises (47-49 High Street) were formerly two long-standing shops, part of a parade built in late Victorian times. From around 1900 until the Second World War, 47 High Street housed 'Eastmans, dyers and cleaners' business. For many years, 49 High Street was the premises of successive 'high-class tailors'. It was here that a tailor's chalk was used to mark seams and cutting lines, while a tailor's ham was used to press and shape jackets. These two former shops are close to the site of a toll booth which stood in front of 27 High Street. It was erected in the late 18th century, when High Street was part of the private road built by the New Cross Turnpike Trust.
During the 18th and 19th centuries, Sidcup was a rural area, very popular with aristocrats and landed gentry. The long-serving Foreign Secretary Lord Castlereagh acquired a country residence in the area. Named North Cray Cottage, it was a fine mansion, in reality. It was at North Cray Cottage that Castle
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.