Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
The name of this Wetherspoon pub commemorates the work of the astronomer Richard Carrington, who built an observatory at Redhill and, in 1861, published his famous Observations of the Spots on the Sun, made at Redhill.
Richard Carrington came to Redhill in 1852 and purchased the hillock known as Furze Hill. During the following year, he built a large house with an observatory on top and called it Dome House. His talent as an observer of the stars had been recognised the previous year, when he was made a member of the Royal Astronomical Society. During this time he began his observations of sunspots. The daylight hours he devoted to the sun, the night-time to the stars.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.