Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
This Wetherspoon pub stands on land once owned by Sir Timothy Shelley, the son of the famous poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, and one of Worthing's first commissioners.
Worthing officially became a town in 1803, when the Worthing Commissioners met for the first time at the Nelson Hotel in South Street. Worthing Town Hall opened in June 1835, and was built on land given by Sir Timothy Shelley. This pub, which occupies numbers 47-49, in a terrace of former private houses, faces the site of the old town hall.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.