Mon - Sun: 7am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Licensed Outside Area|
This building has been a local landmark since 1966. However, The Sawyer's Arms is actually much older. The present public house replaced an earlier pub of the same name, sited nearer to the River Exe (at 114 Cowick Street). The original Sawyer's Arms was first recorded in White's Devon Directory of 1850. By 1911, it was in the hands of the City Brewery, with its own brew house at the rear of the premises. The old pub was demolished in 1957.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.