Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
This Wetherspoon pub is the former Savoy cinema. Built in the mid 1930s, in the fashionable Art Deco-style of the day, this super-cinema seated almost 2,000 people.
The first-ever recorded film show in Swindon was the St Louis Animated Picture Show, presented at the Faringdon Road Swimming Baths, in 1907. Swindon got its first cinema three years later. The County Electric opened in Regent Street. It was followed, in 1912, by the Arcadia, also in Regent Street, and the following year by the Picture House. Nearly 25 years later, The Savoy cinema opened in Regent Street.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.