Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
The building is dated by English Heritage as mid 18th century, since when it has been called The Saracens Head. An earlier Saracens Head had been on this site from at least the early 17th century.
Sited at the corner of Brook Street and High Street, this pub comprises The Saracens Head and stables to the rear. A rainwater head is dated 1769, and it has a Grade II* listing. The 'north stable block' is also mid 18th century, and it is Grade II listed. So too is the 'south stable block', with its terracotta statues in arched niches. In Georgian times, the south block was an assembly rooms, when Daventry was an important coaching town on the highway from London to Chester (and then on to Ireland).
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.