0141 848 4877
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
Mon - Sun: First flight - last flight
Glasgow Airport was created on the site of the old naval base HMS Sanderling. The ship's bell, from HMS Sanderling, was presented to the new airport, when it opened in 1966 - and the bell has since been presented to the pub.
Glasgow International Airport is located eight miles west of Glasgow's city centre, at Abbotsinch. Abbots Inch (or island) is thought to have been gifted to Paisley Abbey in the early 13th century. The current airport was originally built for No.602 (City of Glasgow) Squadron of the Auxiliary Air Force, which moved in on 20 January 1933 and was taken over by the Royal Navy in 1943. The modern airport was designed by Sir Basil Spence, opening in 1966. It has since been redeveloped, but Spence's building, including the original concrete arches (giving the appearance of 'a gateway to travel') still remain inside the modern terminal.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.