0161 764 7287
Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
This Wetherspoon pub bears the name of the local mill owner and MP, whose statue stands outside the building in the Market Place. Robert Peel's son, of the same name, was twice prime minister, first in 1834 and again in 1841.
The site was purchased by Thomas Briggs in the 1870s, to build a house and vet's surgery - the stables were accessible through the archway, which was blocked in the 1920s. The building was completed in 1876 - only the facade of the original building survives.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.