0117 966 2757
Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
This Wetherspoon pub is named after the lord of the manor in Norman times. Robert Fitzharding was the king's official representative in Bristol, and founded the Abbey of St Augustine in c1140, now the Chapter House of Bristol Cathedral.
The site of this Wetherspoon pub was a shop last occupied by the 'Bristol Bargain Centre'. It seems that the site was first converted into commercial premises around the turn of the century. Around 1915 it seems to have been used as a laundry and then a hosiery. Between 1950 and 1970 the site was occupied by a grocery store, now demolished. The pub is now part of a parade of shops, probably built in the 1970s.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.