Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
John de Tweng was a former prior of the medieval monastery in Bridlington, which became a place of pilgrimage after his death and led to the development of the town.
The well-known seaside town of Bridlington began long ago as a settlement by the Roman road to Flamborough. It owed its subsequent development to Gilbert de Gant, the Lord of the Manor, who founded a priory here. Around 1200, the priory was granted permission to a hold a market and fair, and it was around this site which the town grew up.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.