Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
The Picture House first opened its doors to the cinema-going public on the eve of the First World War. The cinema screened films until the 1990s, and is now this Wetherspoon pub.
The Picture House opened its doors to the paying public for the first time on 23 February 1914. On that day, admission prices to a matinee showing of The House of Temperley ranged from three pence to one shilling. Well situated in the town's main thoroughfare, the cinema flourished during the 1920s. A new era was ushered in on 28 April 1930, when The Picture House screened its first 'talkie' - The Last of Mrs Cheyney, starring Norma Shearer and Basil Rathbone.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.