Mon - Sun: 7am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Licensed Outside Area|
This pub stands on the site formerly occupied by a Co-Op store which was originally a branch of the Parkstone and Heatherlands Society, formed in 1892. Molesworth House, as the original shop was named, opened for business in September 1903.
Until the turn of the 18th century, what is now Bournemouth (including Winton) was an extensive area of wild heathland and originally part of the royal estate of Edward the Confessor. In Victorian times, the former heathland gave way increasingly to streets, shops and houses, including Talbot Village, a model working-class community, built in about 1850 by sisters Georgina and Marianne Talbot. The name Winton is thought to have been chosen to reflect the sisters' Scottish ancestors, particularly the Earl of Winton.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.