028 7032 5820
Mon - Thu: 8am to 11pm
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 11pm
This former courthouse was built in 1852, extended in 1908, and remained in use until July 1985.
From the late 17th century, Coleraine became the main centre for administrative justice for the area. During the late 18th century, highway robbery became a problem, and many of those involved were brought for trial in Coleraine. The public hanging of two members of the Scott gang was marked by the tolling of the curfew bell. Over the years, there have been several courthouses in the town, the best known is the Old Courthouse - now this Wetherspoon pub.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.