Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|Licensed Outside Area|
In the late 18th century, Obediah Brooke owned a large field near this pub. It was one of several owned by the Brooke family. A century later, they owned the town's flourishing tannery. Their name is recalled in nearby Brooke Street.
Elsewhere, the land was farmed communally on large, open fields. These were enclosed around 1795, and many took the names of their owners. Several were owned by the Brooke family. Obediah Brooke owned one a few hundred yards from this site.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.