Mon - Sun: 8am to 12am
This Wetherspoon pub was originally the Liberal Club. It was officially opened in October 1895 by the Liberal politician Lord Rosebery, who had been prime minister until earlier that year.
This pub was a well-known local landmark for more than a century. For many years it was known as Unity House. The club was used as by Scarborough's Liberals until the Second World War. During the war, the Liberal Club found a new role as a medical centre. In 1947, the building was purchased by the Scarborough Industrial Co-operative Society, and renamed Unity House. In 1958, the Co-op transformed it into a 'walk-round store'. Today, the building, now The Lord Rosebery, once again welcomes the public.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.