Mon - Sun: 7am to 1am
|Food Hygiene Rating Pass|
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|In Good Beer Guide|
Known in old charters as The King's Highway to the North, Church Street was first referred to by that name in 1240.
In Pevsner's guide, this site, at numbers 72-74, was built c1840. In 1860, the building was the Northern Hotel, and it became the Queen's Hotel in the 1880s/1890s. It acquired its present name - Cummings Hotel - from the family which owned it in the first half of the 20th century.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.