Mon - Wed: 7am to 12am
Thu - Sat: 7am to 1am
Sun: 7am to 12am
|Awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 5|
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|In Good Beer Guide|
|Licensed Outside Area|
The site of this Wetherspoon pub has been occupied by an inn since the 15th century. By c1520, it was known as the King's Head, and it retained that name until it was rebuilt in the 1880s.
The County Hotel was, itself, a change of name some time during the 1880s or 1890s. Before then, it was the Kings Head and Brewery. The King's Head was an inn with a long pedigree. In 1623, John Taylor, the 'Water Poet', demonstrated that the Avon could be made navigable by rowing his boat from London. On reaching Fisherton Bridge, he lodged at the King's Head Inn. The Kings Head is recorded as having been at Fisherton Anchor since 1526.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.