0151 644 4250
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
This pub is named after John Masefield, Poet Laureate from 1930 until his death in 1967, who attributed his love of books and poetry to the time he spent in New Ferry, as a young man.
New Ferry was so called after a long, iron pier was built in 1865; a ferry service to Liverpool was inaugurated by the Mersey Steam Boat Company. The name 'New Ferry' was given to the surrounding area to distinguish it from neighbouring Rock Ferry. In 1922, a steamer crashed into the end of the New Ferry pier, prompting the closure of the ferry service. The pier was eventually demolished in 1929.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.