Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
This Wetherspoon pub was built in the 1860s. It was rebuilt and reopened in 1887, as St George's Hall, and two years later became the Imperial Theatre. The Imperial became a cinema in c1910, and screened its last film in 1968.
The first building on this Wetherspoon pub site was the Agricultural Hall, built in the 1860s. At first it was used mainly for lectures and as an assembly hall. It was also used to stage opera and dramatic productions. It was later rebuilt. Reopened in 1887 as St George's Hall, it continued to stage opera and drama. In 1889, it became the Imperial Theatre. Although reduced in size, the building then seated 1,500. For a short time, the Imperial was used as a ballroom, before it became a cinema. It seems to have been the Imperial cinema from 1910. It was the first cinema in Walsall to show films on a regular basis. The final film show took place in 1968, before its inevitable conversion into a bingo hall. From the outside, the building still retains its ci
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.