0161 788 0414
Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from the nearby Eccles Cross.
Eccles Cross is another indication of the area's distant past. The original cross was erected by Celtic missionaries in the 5th century. The stump of the later Saxon cross stood neglected for years, until accidentally demolished by a lorry in the Second World War. Its location was next to the present cross, near the junction of Regent Street and Church Road. Eccles is well known for its cakes. The earliest authentic reference is in 1796, when they were made opposite the parish church. During the 19th century, Eccles cakes were sold far and wide and exported to America and the West Indies.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.