Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 5|
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|In Good Beer Guide|
This building was purpose-built for the draper and milliner Charles Armstrong, in 1899. Armstrong traded at this address for almost a century.
The new building was partly occupied by Charles Armstrong, who moved his business here from New Road. The shop soon expanded into the rest of the premises, where he was helped by five of his six children until his death, in 1926. In more recent years, Armstrong's specialised in carpets, curtains and linens, trading at this address until c1996.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.