Mon - Sun: 7am to 11pm
Situated in the pedestrianised part of West Street, The Crown Inn was first recorded in 1841 as The Crown Brewery; it was then the nearest inn to the old market site. From around 1870 to the early 1900s, The Crown Brewery was run by the Cawte brothers. In the 1911 trade directory for Fareham, the premises were listed as the Crown Inn. The licensee was Mrs Clara Frost, who remained in charge for nearly twenty years.
The pedestrianised area of West Street also contains the Henry Cort Sculpture Park. Formally opened in April 2000, this permanent exhibition of sculptural ironwork celebrates the achievements of Henry Cort: 'Fareham's 18th-century Man of Iron'. Cort pioneered iron- refining processes which changed the course of industrial history and helped England to win the Napoleonic Wars in the early 19th century.