Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
This Wetherspoon pub is the former Coliseum cinema, which opened in 1913 and screened its last film in the 1990s.
The first permanent film show in Abergavenny was around 1912, when a Victorian corrugated iron hall on Park Road was used as the Picture Palace. The following year, the Abergavenny Coliseum Company acquired land in Lion Street, and the Coliseum opened on 3 November 1913. In mid 1989, the cinema's stalls were converted to shops with a cinema above. By 1998, the Coliseum had become a bingo hall, with various shop units, and is now this Wetherspoon pub.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.