0151 346 8960
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
This former supermarket was built in the 1960s on the site of Central Market Buildings, which stood on land originally occupied by two dwellings, one of which was Clairville Cottage.
In 1920, the occupant of Clairville Cottage was W R Caddock, gentleman. Clairville appears on the tithe map of 1841, which shows that the land behind and facing the building was owned by Thomas Dean. Alongside Dean's land was a much larger holding, occupied by Littledale's Model Farm. Harold Littledale was a wealthy merchant who lived in Liscard Hall. The hall had been previously occupied by his father-in-law, Sir John Tobin, one-time Lord Mayor of Liverpool.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.