Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
This Wetherspoon pub was built in 1810, when it was called Cross House. A century later, it was consecrated and renamed Church House. By the mid 1980s, it had become a public house of that name.
Carr's house passed to the Cadman family which, in 1912, proposed to pull it down and sell the land for building purposes. Instead, they sold it at valuation, to be adapted as a church house, and it was dedicated by the Archbishop of York on 5 July 1912. More recently, the building was in use as a pub of the same name.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.