020 8291 8920
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|In Good Beer Guide|
|Licensed Outside Area|
The Capitol opened its doors to the cinema-going public in 1929. Later renamed and converted into a bingo hall, the building now bears its original name.
A rare survival of a 1920s cinema, The Capitol, on London Road, first opened its doors to the cinema-going public in 1929, with a screening of Man, Woman and Sin. Renamed the ABC in 1968, the cinema gave its last picture show in October 1973. There were plans to convert and even demolish the building. However, The Capitol opened as a bingo hall in February 1978, closing in the first week of December 1996. It is now this Wetherspoon pub.
This pub shows live Sky Sports and live ESPN Sports.
We also show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.