Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|In Good Beer Guide|
Built as the Capitol cinema, in 1945, the building retained this name until the mid 1960s. Today, its original name lives on in this Wetherspoon pub.
By 1885, both Closes Court and Stewart's Court had been cleared, and Her Majesty's Theatre & Opera House built in their place. This magnificent building, replete with every comfort and convenience for the public, was the work of the impresario William McFarland, who was its first manager. It was rebuilt as the Majestic cinema in 1930, but was consumed by fire in 1941. Fifteen years later it rose from the ashes as the Capitol cinema, however, it was soon sold to ABC, although it was still known as the Capitol until the mid 1960s. It closed - as the ABC cinema - in December 1998, and is now this Wetherspoon pub.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.