Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 5|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|Licensed Outside Area|
This was an existing pub of the same name, which dates from the 1830s, when it was built by the ancestors of the Arctic explorer Captain Scott.
Scott's family was linked with the Services. His grandfather retired from the navy in 1826, buying the Hoegate Street Brewery with his brother. In 1830, grandfather Scott bought Outlands House, near the site of the inn built later that decade.