0151 650 8950
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|Licensed Outside Area|
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from a previous resident: the firm of W & T Avery, manufacturers of brass balances and other weighing machines.
This pub was once open ground alongside the Theatre Royal (built in 1864). Then, from the early 1900s until after the Second World War, the site was occupied by W & T Avery, weighing machine manufacturers. In the 1950s, the premises were listed as the Savoy Dining Rooms and in the 1960s as Alfresco Restaurant.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.