Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
The Bransty Arch was one of Whitehaven's best-known landmarks, crossing Bransty Row in front of our pub.
Coal and shipbuilding were once the lifeblood of Whitehaven. The coal was carried over the Bransty Arch to ships waiting in the harbour. Built around 1800, to transfer coal to the dockside, the arch was demolished in the late 1920s.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.