Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 5|
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Licensed Outside Area|
This grade II listed building dates from 1911. It was designed in the Edwardian Baroque style, by Blackpool architect H Thompson. Thompson's Boot Inn replaced an earlier inn on this site - of the same name. It was originally a farmhouse; like several other farmhouses in Burnley, it was converted into a public house in the late 18th or early 19th century. The former Boot Inn had stables, used by the prize-winning colt Young Sampson. In 1867, this 'first-class waggon horse' was 'rising three years old' and stood '17 hands high'. The colt was available to 'serve mares' at 'one pound ten shillings' a time and worked at the Boot Inn on Mondays.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.