Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from one of the four townships which combined in 1894 to create the new civil parish of Wilmslow.
Situated alongside the Bollin river, Wilmslow derives its name from the Anglo-Saxon word 'Wighelmes-hlaw', meaning William's hill or mound. However, the name was applied only to the hillock on which St Bartholmew's Church has stood, since it was erected in the 13th century by the Fitton family - the original Lords of the Manor. The manor of Bolyn developed into the township of Bollin Fee, and it was not until 1894 that it combined with three other townships to create the new civil parish of 'Wilmslow', in Cheshire.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.