0131 561 5100
Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from the blacksmith's forge which was first recorded on this site in the 1850s. Blacksmiths subsequently practised their trade here until the 1970s.
The 1850 map of Dalkeith shows that the wood yard had become a smithy, on what had been renamed Newmills Road. Generations of blacksmiths then worked hammer and tongs here until c1970, after which the premises are listed in the valuation rolls as workshops.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.