029 2070 6424
Mon - Sun: 8am to 12am
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|In Good Beer Guide|
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from the literal translation of Penarth: arth = bear and pen = head.
Around 150 years ago, Penarth consisted of a few whitewashed cottages and farmhouses, with a population of 105. After the opening of the dock, in 1865, and the arrival of the railway, Penarth was never the same again. Much of the early planning in Penarth was the responsibility of Robert Forrest, who was in charge of the Glamorgan part of the Windsor estates - the owners of much of the land in Penarth.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.