Mon - Wed: 8am to 12am
Thu - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 12am
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from the tower used by the Earls of Douglas, who once administered the area. The tower, known locally as 'Hunters Hall', was demolished, in 1813, to make way for the old Town School.
About this time the Ettrick Forest area, of which Galashiels was a part, was administered by the Earls of Douglas. They had a strong tower known locally as 'Hunters Hall' (in Glebe Place), which was still occupied in 1813 when it was demolished to make way for the old Town School.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.