0151 632 1209
Mon - Wed: 8am to 11pm
Thu: 8am to 12am
Fri - Sat: 8am to 1am
Sun: 8am to 11pm
This Wetherspoon pub takes its name from the upper and lower lighthouses, known as the Hoylake Lights, which were built in the 1760s. Only one of the two 'lights' still stands.
By the end of the 19th century, Hoylake had been transformed from a quiet fishing village into a bustling residential town. The arrival of the railway, in 1866, swelled its population with business people from Birkenhead and Liverpool who were keen to live on the coast. In 1871, the site of this pub, at 52-54 Market Street, was still an open field. By 1897, it was home to a drapers and a chandler. Nine years later, they had made way for a dyers and cleaners and a 'complete funeral furnisher'. The Co-operative Society was the last to occupy these premises before its transformation into Hoylake Lights.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.