Mon - Sun: 8am to 11pm
|Broadcasts Live News|
|Cask Marque Accredited|
|In Good Beer Guide|
|Licensed Outside Area|
This pub, at 38 South Street, is the former George's Meeting, and is 'listed' as having special interest as an unaltered 18th-century chapel.
It was built as a Unitarian chapel in 1760, and named after King George III, who came to the throne the same year. George's Meeting closed as a chapel in 1983, and had been converted to commercial use (Global Village) by 1987. It was most recently an antiques centre.
We show live subtitled news (on silent) throughout the day.