Local resident Eric Billington (second left) is pictured officially opening The Queen’s Picture House, in Waterloo, with duty manager Paula Murphy, pub manager Mark Lythgoe and team leader Rachael Watkinson (pictured left to right).
Mr Billington was the projectionist at the former cinema (which now houses the pub) until 1956, when he was called up for National Service. He went on to show and make films for the RAF.
Among the real ales available is a golden ale, The Old Projectionist, named for Mr Billington by Burnley-based Moorhouse’s Brewery.
Photos, local history and information boards about the history and characters of the area are displayed in the pub. There are references to ship-building and The Titanic, as well as a huge image of northwest pioneering aviator Henry Melly’s plane.