Wetherspoon has opened its first pub in Camborne – on the site of a former club and restaurant.
The John Francis Basset is managed by Jon Willing (pictured).
The grade II listed building, the former Market House (built in 1866–67), was paid for by John Francis Basset. The Bassets were leading local landowners, with the family’s coat of arms visible in the stonework.
There are several historical references on show, including photographic prints from the area and montage wallpaper, with local mining imagery, as well as artistic installations, including a sculptured tree.