A former nightclub now houses Wetherspoon’s first pub in St Ives.
The Hain Line is managed by Ryan Wilce (pictured), and features a mixture of historical and contemporary artwork and a commissioned painting by Allan Storer.
The pub’s name refers to the Hain Steamship Company, The Hain Line, which had its offices on the site during 1906–1917.
The Hain family members had lived in the area since at least 1577 and were fishermen until the 1860s. Captain Edward Hain built up a small fleet of sailing ships and later steamships. His son, also Edward, was knighted for his services to shipping and served as MP for St Ives and High Sheriff of Cornwall.