Wetherspoon’s newest pub in Blackpool, The Albert and The Lion, has gained an award for its redevelopment.
The pub, which opened in July last year, received the ‘best building refurbishment’ award in the Blackpool Civic Trust – Civic Awards 2010.
Blackpool Civic Trust, in the presence of the Mayor of Blackpool, Blackpool MPs and other VIPs, presented its annual awards for the best environmental and building work in Blackpool.
The Albert and The Lion, located on the promenade, next to Blackpool Tower, opened on the site of a former Pricebusters store.
The landmark former Woolworths building was designed by BC Donaldson. Originally opened in 1937, it was built on the site of Woolworths Bazaar and the Royal Hotel.