The William Owen, in Haverfordwest, has gained recognition in the local Civic Society’s annual building awards.
The pub, which opened in April 2010, came a close second to the town’s Shire Hall, which gained first place.
Wetherspoon spent £985,000 redeveloping the outlet, on the site of the former Wilton House hotel in the Welsh town. It is a Grade II listed building, named after four-times Mayor of Haverfordwest, William Owen, who was appointed County Surveyor in 1824.
Owen was the driving force behind the improvements made in Haverfordwest, in the early 19th century. He also designed the Shire Hall, almost opposite the pub, which won the Civic Society’s top prize, following a total refurbishment.
Gareth Davies (right), deputy manager at The William Owen, received the award from the society’s president Sir John Roch (left).